The week 4 activity is the Real-World Case 4-14 in your e-book. However, I made a modification to the assignment – rather than search a public company of your choosing, use RAYTHEON TECHNOLOGIES CORP (RTX).
Here are the steps required:
- Go to www.sec.gov to access the EDGAR (the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval System.
- Use the Filings tab to search for RAYTHEON TECHNOLOGIES CORP (RTX).
- Access the 10-K filing RAYTHEON TECHNOLOGIES CORP (RTX) (CIK 0000101829).
In your response post, answer the following questions related to the Income Statement.
- Does the company use a single-step or multi-step format, or a variation?
- Does the income statement contain any income or loss on discontinued operations? If it does, describe the component of the company that was discontinued. Hints: you can use the Cntl F key to search on the word discontinued. The explanation could be covered in a disclosure note.
- Who acquired the companies sold, and how are they performing (brevity is fine here). For example, would you be inclined to Invest in RAYTHEON TECHNOLOGIES CORP (RTX) or the divested companies?
- Describe the trend in RAYTHEON TECHNOLOGIES CORP (RTX) net income over the years presented.
- Were you aware of EDGAR, and if not, would you be inclined to use it to research other companies?