The length of this research paper should fall between 2,000-3,000 words (not including the reference
section). This should turn out to be about 7-10 pages of double spaced content. The references need to
appear after the content at the end of the paper. Take note that this research paper will be processed by plagiarism checker
software called Safe Assign which is now required.
Topic: The impact of Information Systems on Business Objectives
According to Kenneth Laudon, business firms invest heavily in information systems in order to achieve the
following six strategic objectives:
1) Operational excellence
2) New products, services, & business models
3) Customer and supplier intimacy
4) Improved decision making
5) Competitive advantage
By doing a search of the internet, or by other research methods, identify a company or organization whose
business has been transformed by information technology.
(1) Show examples of how technology improved their business operations.
(2) Explain, in detail, what subset of the above strategic objectives applies to your case study and how
the use of technology impacted the achievement of these objectives.
(3) Incorporate concepts outlined in the Laudon text to support your discussion.