Watch the following videos and answer in complete form the questions below. You may have to look up some of these terms and find the definitions.
1. What is your initial reaction to the socialization/enculturation for members of the Moso culture and the Himalayan culture?
2. What are two cultural themes (e.g: display rules, cultural norms, gender roles, etc.) from class can you connect to this documentary? Describe/define the theme/term and clearly explain how it was expressed during the video.
3. What aspects of the two cultures most differed from your own culture? Did you experience ethnocentrism?
4. What is polyandry and why is it important for the community in the Himalayas?
5. How might globalization threaten the process of socialization for the polyandry culture?
6. Any other thoughts? (Must answer)
This reflection essay should be a minimum of 500 words in answering all of the questions. Use of proper grammar, punctuation and organization is required! Reflections that lack a thorough discussion, clarity or proper grammar will receive little to no points! This should include book references when appropriate.
Matsumoto, D., & Juang, L. (2016). Culture and Psychology (Sixth ed.). Nelson Education.
The post 4. What is polyandry and why is it important for the community in the Himalayas? first appeared on Assignment writing service.
Coco & Black Panther Movie Assignment DUE Feb 23, 2021 before 3:00 pm.
The purpose of this assignment is for you to demonstrate your ability to identify the role of the mesosystem and the exosystem in socializing its members by applying these concepts to the movie Coco or the movie Black Panther. To receive credit for this assignment. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY FOR EACH QUESTION.
· How does their Exosystem inform the worldviews of the characters? Identify 1 scene in the movie for each focus character to support your response. Instructions: Separate your response as follows: Paragraph 1 – Explanation. Paragraph 2 – Supporting Do not exceed 1 paragraph for each response.
· How does their Mesosystem inform the worldviews of the characters? Succinctly identify 1 scene in the movie for each focus character to support your response. Do not waste space and time describing the details of the scene. I HAVE WATCHED THESE MOVIES MANY TIMES . Instructions: Separate your response as follows: Paragraph 1 – Explanation Paragraph 2 – Supporting scene example. Do not exceed 1 paragraph for each response.
· Using the well-being indicators on in your main textbook, pick 3 and apply these indicators to one of the two characters in Black Panther or, if Coco is your selected movie, apply the indicators to Miguel. Instructions: Use bullets for this response. Do not exceed 3 sentences for each indicator.
· Think about the movie you selected and answer the inquiries below. This is a reflection. Instructions: Separate your responses. Do not exceed 3 sentences for each inquiry.
1. Which character did you like the most? Why?
2. Which character did you like the least? Why?
3. Which character did you most identify with and why?
4. Which character did you least identify with and why?
The post How does their Exosystem inform the worldviews of the characters? first appeared on Assignment writing service.
All of you have probably read quite a bit about the world’s wealthiest man—Bill Gates. But some of you are probably not nearly as familiar with Bill Gates’s main rival and world’s seventh wealthiest man, former Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. Ellison recently retired as Chief Executive officer (CEO) but is still active as the chair of Oracle’s board of directors. Unlike Gates, who is relatively reserved, Ellison is known for his extravagant lifestyle and boastful interviews.
The rivalry between Ellison and Gates is legendary, but not quite as much is known about Ellison’s leadership style. He has been described as a “jerk,” and his managerial style has been described as “take no prisoners.” While he is unquestionably a powerful leader, he has also been criticized for spending a lot of time playing golf while leaving many leadership duties to his subordinates.
For this assignment, read up on leadership traits, leadership behaviors, and leadership styles in the required background materials. Then read up on Larry Ellison and find as much as you can about his personality and leadership style. Finally, try to apply what you’ve read in the required background materials about leadership traits, behaviors, and styles to what you found out about Larry Ellison.
Here are some articles to get you started on your research about Ellison:
Hymowitz, C. (2005). Working fewer hours is hard for most CEOs, but some find a way. Wall Street Journal, p. B1.
Leibovich, M. (2000). The outsider, his business and his billions series: The new imperialists: Larry Ellison, oracle until himself. The Washington Post, p. A1.
Mendleson, R. (2010). Why it pays to be a jerk. Canadian Business, 83(18), 28-30, 32, 34.
Watch the following video:
Fox Business. (2018, October 25). Larry Ellison: I had all the disadvantages necessary for success [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrZoRNSQSPw
Once you are finished with your research on Ellison and have thoroughly reviewed the background materials on leadership traits, behaviors, and styles, write a 3-page paper to include 3 scholarly sources addressing the questions below. For each answer, make sure to cite at least one of the Case Assignment articles listed on this page as well as one of the required textbook chapters from the background materials from Hiriyappa (2009), or Bauer & Erdogan (2012).
1. How would you describe Ellison’s leadership style?
2. How would you describe Ellison’s personality and leadership traits?
3. Would you describe Ellison’s behavior as being task-oriented, or people/relationship-oriented?
4. Would you describe Ellison’s leadership style as diverse and inclusive? If so or if not, please explain your response.
1. Your Case Assignment should be at least 3 pages in length (excluding title and reference pages).
2. Be sure to cite and reference (using APA Style) a minimum of 3 scholarly sources listed in the Course Materials and Bibliography
The post How would you describe Ellison’s leadership style? first appeared on Assignment writing service.