Econ 2302- term paper outline
The paper is an individual project where you will be focusing on analyzing core microeconomics variables of your choice delivered in a college level format paper (look at sample in the library, online, etc.). Propose and explain a solution for one current or future microeconomic problem of your interest. In the other word, choose an microeconomic issue or subject that you care deeply about or offer a solution to a problem you care about. To get ideas, check out the library, news, economic journals or other sources.
Analyze and evaluate your solution. Be sure to explain everything in your own words. If you have any doubt about your chosen topic, please discuss it with me before you start writing your paper.
- You may NOT choose the topics that class discusses on the discussion board, minimum wage, legalization of marijuana, minimum wage, the current legal drinking age or any macroeconomic topic like unemployment, national debt,….. If you do, you will automatically fail the assignment.
- The paper will be presented in an MLA format using Microsoft Word. Your paper should have a name, section number, the instructor’s name and topic. The paper should be double-spaced and Time New Roman font, size 12.
- No late submissions will be accepted for any reason, including technical, personal, or other
- After you submit the paper, you must make sure it’s not a corrupt file
- The paper must contain between 800-1200 words (without the citation)
- You must include at least five scientific sources(YouTube, Investopedia, dictionary, and similar sources are NOT a scientific source).
- Use economic terminology, data, graphs,… in your paper.
- Label your tables and graphs if you have any.
- Read your paper before submission to find out any grammar, spelling issue. Use the Writing Center(they operate online now) services if needed.
- Plagiarism is NOT tolerated in my class and I have a software on D2L, called Turitin Grade Mark, where I can check how much of the paper was copied. Students can also see what I see. Only papers with below 25 % at the Turitin Grade Mark are accepted. Papers with more than 25% plagiarism rate are NOT accepted and students will receive zero for the term paper.
This is the outline you may use to structure your MLA format term papers. You can check out any college MLA paper to get ideas how to sort your paper. The following is just a suggestion.
Organize your paper as follow:
- Your names, course number(Econ 2302), section number, the instructor’s name and date
- Your topic
- Introduction: statement of your problem/argument, your thesis and your goal for the research(what are you hoping to achieve in your paper)
- Background or literature review: explain the background of your research, if applicable
- Main idea or economic analysis(your argument): use data, graphs,… to support your argument here. Use economic terms you learned in this class so far.
- Conclusion and future remarks
- Citation (You must include at least 5 sources in your paper)
The rubric for the group paper is shown in table (2):
|Your thesis||0-20 points||0 being week and 20 being strong/very well presented|
|Your discussion and organization||0-30 points||0 being disorganized information and 30 being very well organized and constructed (each student’s performance will be graded)|
|Charts, statistics,…||0-20 points||0 being no charts/statistics or too many unrelated/inaccurate charts/statistics and 20 being well made charts/accurate information|
|Economic analysis||0-20 points||0 being no economic vocabulary and 20 being accurate use of economic concepts/vocabulary|
|References||10 points||0 being no resources are cited and 10 being at least|