Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Assignment 2 MGT403 (1st Term 2021-2022)
Deadline:18/11/2021 @ 23:59
(To be posted/released to students on BB anytime in Week 9)
Course Name: Knowledge Management
Course Code: MGT-403
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1442/1443 H, 1st Term
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: /5
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· This assignment is an individual assignment.
· Due date for Assignment 1 is by the end of Week 11 (18/11/2021)
· The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Knowledge Management (MGT-403)
First Semester (2021-2022)
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
Define the different Knowledge types and explain how they are addressed by knowledge management in different business environments.
Identify and analyse role of communities of practice in knowledge management and the challenges and issues pertaining to community of practice.
Demonstrate effective knowledge management skills to utilize knowledge management tools for the benefits of the organization.
The focus of the assignment is to evaluate the understanding level of students related to communities of Practice, learning organization, and various techniques used to capture tacit and explicit knowledge.
A. Explain the Knowledge conversion processes highlighted by Nonaka Takeuchi Model of Knowledge management. Which of these conversions are difficult and why? (1 Mark)
B. Write a detailed note on the “Three forms of knowledge” Explained by K. Wiig in his knowledge management model. Briefly describe the four types of knowledge explained by K. Wiig. (1 Mark)
A. Why are “Communities of practice” Important? How can organizations cultivate communities of practice? How can these communities of practice contribute towards the knowledge needs of the organization? (1 Mark)
C. Provide a detailed description of major roles and responsibilities in a community of practice. (1 Mark)
Q.3: Explain in detail any two “Tacit Knowledge” capturing techniques used by the organizations. (1 Mark)
The post Mgt403/2 first appeared on Assignment writing service.