Part 1: Integrated Marketing Communication Strategies (IMC)
This assignment will be incorporated into your Week 6 Final Paper. The purpose of this part is to analyze an Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) campaign of the mentor company you selected in week 2 assignment. Prior to beginning work on this part of your assignment, watch the BUS622 Week 5 video above with Dr. Avisha Sadeghinejad, Program Chair for MA and BA Marketing Programs. Then:
- Identify an IMC campaign for your mentor company.
- Choose at least four examples of that campaign across different types of media (e.g., TV, print advertising, digital ads, Outdoor ads, social media ads, etc.). Remember to choose at least one print and one digital. Provide a copy of the image you find or the URL link to the ad in your paper. Hint: To find ads, search the web, moat.com, or major advertising publications such as Adweek, for articles about your brand’s ad campaign. Searching your company’s YouTube channel, Twitter account, FaceBook Page, or other social media platforms for recurring ad messages would be helpful too. Pay attention to find unified ads across various media.
- Analyze the ad in each medium while describing how the medium’s unique characteristics is being used to display the ad.
- Explain what elements unify the campaign across different media to make it count as an IMC.
- Once you completed the previous steps, then identify another marketing communication activity from your mentor company other than advertising (such as sales promotion, sponsorship, product placement, personal selling, direct marketing, etc.) all of which were outlined in the reading.
- Describe it in details and provide a link to a visual component of the activity.
- Compare it to the IMC campaign you identifiedand discuss to what extent they are aligned and would tell the same story for the brand. Also,discuss one strength and one weakness of this marketing communication activity.
Part 2: Global Brands, Cultures and Advertisement
- Select two advertisements for the same product and from the same medium but targeted for a different country (e.g., a magazine ad for Pepsi in the US and in China, both from same campaign Or a digital ad banner for Colgate toothpaste in the UK and in Saudi Arabia). Include a copy of those advertisements in your work and provide a brief explanation of the ads.
- Examine how these advertisements reflect the two cultures.
- Discuss your position in the standardized vs. localized debate.
- Explain what kind of appeal is used for the ads and if you would choose a different appeal for it. Provide your rationale.
Hint: To find ads, search the web, moat.com, or major advertising publications such as Adweek, for articles about your brand’s ad campaign. Searching your company’s YouTube channel, Twitter account, or other social media platforms for recurring ad messages would be helpful too.
The Integrated Marketing Communications assignment
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of assignment
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.