Instructions The firm is Performance Food Group
Read the questions carefully before starting and review the rubric for guidance
Open the most recent 10-K (annual report) or 10-Q (quarterly report) of the firm you were assigned. See instructions below on how to access SEC filings.
- Provide short answers (up to 500 words for each question) to the questions below.
- Type up your answers and include links to the annual report (10-K), quarterly report (10-Q) and other resources used.
- Please do not put any personal information (like you name or student ID) on your submissions.
1.Research the firm online (e.g., use Wikipedia, the company’s website, investor relations page, skim the annual or quarterly report, etc.) What is the core business of the company? Describe and explain.
(Tip: Identify the value the firm provides to its customers and its main income drivers. Recognize the firm’s main segments and their importance to the firm’s operations).
2. What are the ongoing effects of COVID19 on the firm? How are the current macroeconomic conditions affecting the firm? Look up key words such as “COVID”, “Supply chain”, “supply disruptions”, “Labor market” “Labor shortages”, “Inflation” and write a short summary on how COVID19 and the macroeconomics conditions impact the firm.
(Tip: If you cannot find information in the annual report, search the most recent quarterly report).
3. Does the COVID19 pandemic and current macroeconomic conditions present any new opportunities for the company? What do you think the company should do in order to increase its net income in the short and long run?
How to access SEC filings
- Visit the Security and Exchange Commissions (SEC) website: www.sec.gov
- Click on Flings and then “Edgar – Search & Access”
- Select “EDGAR full text search” (from the column on the left) and look up the company you were assigned. This search should result in a list of all the documents the company filled with the SEC over the last five years.
- Search for the most recent annual or quarterly report the company filled. To do so, you can use the Filing category option: Under filling category, click on “All annual, quarterly, and current reports”. Open the most recent 10-K (annual report) or 10-Q (quarterly report).