5.5. ASSESSMENT: Zimbardo – The Demise of Guys Discussion
Please click on the link below and watch the brief video. Then answer the following questions (please note, each question contains three sub-questions. All must be answered for credit).
Please make sure to use examples from the readings and other course materials to help you with your responses.
Dr. Zimbardo states that many young men today, “…don’t know the language of face contact, the non-verbal and verbal set of rules that enable you to comfortably talk to somebody else, listen to somebody else.”
1) What do you think about this statement? Do you think that this is true for some men? Why or why not?
2) How are these young men being socialized differently than men from the past (pre-internet, pre-texting, etc. eras)?
3) How has technology affected the way people socialize?
4) What about women? Aren’t they socialized the same way as men? As a society, should we be concerned about them as well? Why or why not?
(Write at least a page)
4) After posting your essay, please respond to at least two other students. Elaborate on their posts and end your responses with a thoughtful question.
com/talks/zimchallenge” target=”_blank” rel=”noreferrer noopener”> (Links to an external site.)
If needed, please make sure to click on “cc” at the bottom right for closed-captioning.