Six page research paper
5 research sources- minimum of 3 quotes from each source
12 point times new roman
Subject: How Kurt Vonnegut disproves the concept of free will
1. An argument is always an answer to a question. Don’t start with a general statement. Your focus is always the text, and what it consists of. The purpose of a research paper is to analyze a specific element or character in the text. Social or Historical context (for example, Women’s rights, racism, World War II) is only important as far as it applies to your text and is mentioned by the author. Write what is true ONLY for the text. Be sure to analyze the words on the page.
2. Be sure to incorporate your quotes into your argument.
Explain the meaning of the quote.
Show how the quote supports your argument
Show how the quote is important in understanding the text
3. Don’t use “I” or “in my opinion”, or ” in this essay” . Just focus on the proving the argument.
4. Don’t summarize the plot. You are writing for an informed audience. Only give events from the text as a focus for your argument.
5. Your conclusion should be an answer to the question “why is my argument important?” Do not use the phrase “in conclusion”