SLO 2: Compose human resources policies and procedures which minimize potential employment discrimination liability arising from Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and other federal, state and local employment discrimination statutes, ordinances, regulations and court decisions.
EO 2: Compare additional employment discrimination requirements imposed by state and local employment discrimination statutes, ordinances, regulations and court decisions.
SLO 3: Evaluate and select human resources policies and procedures to insure compliance with state, federal and local wage, benefits, safety, immigration and military status statutes, regulations and court decisions. EO 3b: Compare additional wage, benefits and safety requirements imposed by state and local statutes, ordinances, regulations and court decisions.
This paper will be a comparison/contrast/analysis paper that explores the differences between state and federal anti-discrimination employment laws. Your paper must describe, explain, contrast, and analyze the applicable federal and state statutory/regulatory provisions, as well as important case law, regarding employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, and disability, as well as wages. Your paper must also describe and explain any areas where it appears that the state’s employment discrimination laws cover areas of employment discrimination not covered under federal laws and also where state wage laws deviate from federal laws. Finally, your paper must also describe, explain and contrast the minimum number of employees required before either federal law or state specific wage and employment discrimination laws apply, as well as contrast the filing procedures for employment discrimination claims under both federal and state law.
• You must use APA Format.
• You must have a minimum of 6 pages (not including the abstract, title page, or references).
• You must have a maximum of no more than 8 pages (not including the abstract, title page, or references).
• You must include an Abstract.
• You must include a Title Page.
• You must include a Reference Page.
• In addition to an APA reference manual, you may want to look at this APA Style website, which may help you with APA format questions.
• Your paper will be evaluated per the Federal and State Wage & Employment Discrimination Law Contrast & Evaluation Paper Rubric.
• Your Federal and State Wage & Employment Discrimination Law Contrast & Evaluation Paper is worth 120 points.