Home>Psychology homework help>legal and ethical
A clear and comprehensive purpose statement, introduction, and conclusion that delineate with accurate, concise, and organized explanation of the selected state law regarding psychiatric emergencies.
· who can hold a patient and for how long?
· who can release the emergency hold, and who can pick up the patient after a hold is released.
· Explain the differences among emergency hospitalization for evaluation/psychiatric hold, inpatient commitment, and outpatient commitment in the state of Virginia or Maryland
· Explain the difference between capacity and competency in mental health contexts.
· Select one of the following topics, and explain one legal issue and one ethical issue related to this topic that may apply within the context of treating psychiatric emergencies: patient autonomy, EMTALA, confidentiality, HIPAA privacy rule, HIPAA security rule, protected information, legal gun ownership, career obstacles (security clearances/background checks), and payer source.
· Identify one evidence-based suicide risk assessment that you could use to screen patients.
· Identify one evidence-based violence risk assessment that you could use to screen patients.
The post Explain the state of Virginia or Maryland laws for involuntary psychiatric holds for child and adult psychiatric emergencies. first appeared on Assignment writing service.