Watch the following tutorial below on normal kidney function, then address the questions below in essay format.
Sadava, et al., Life: The Science of Biology, Ninth Edition. http://www.sumanasinc.com/webcontent/animations/content/kidney.html
1. Describe the location of the kidneys using proper medical terminology. Include how the placement of these organs can vary in individuals due to conditions like extreme weight loss.
2. Explain the location and function of the nephron. Include a description of the regions of the kidney where various structures of the nephron are located.
3. Compare the function of the two capillary beds found in the nephron (the glomeruli that perform filtration and the peritubular capillaries that control reabsorption of the filtrate).
4. Explain how the kidneys can act as endocrine organs.
5. Explain the normal components of urine. Explain a few abnormal components that might be found in the urine and why. Read the following tutorial on urinalysis, then address the final question below: Urinalysis. University of Utah. Retrieved April 19, 2018 from https://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTORIAL/URINE/URINE.html
6. Urinalysis is an important diagnostic tool for the determination of medical disorders. Urinalysis has many other uses. Research one such use and describe it below. Be sure to include a proper reference for your research within the text of your answer and in your literature cited.
Organize this essay assignment using subtitles that summarize the topic from each question above. For example, to answer Question 1, use a descriptive subtitle like the following: Kidney Anatomy.
Your essay should be approximately 2-3 pages. Answer each question under the subtitle using complete sentences that relate back to the question. Be sure to use APA formatting throughout your essay with 1-inch margins, 12-point type, and double spacing throughout. Include a title page, introduction, answers to the questions with subtitles, and concluding paragraph. Remember to include in-text citations within the body of the essay referencing your resources (i.e., Murray, 2014). Also, be sure to include a reference section at the end of your assignment listing all required readings and any additional resources you used to complete your essay. See the Trident guide to APA Style, 7th edition .
Direct quotes should be limited and must be designated by quotation marks. Paraphrased ideas must give credit to the original author, for example (Murray, 2014). Direct copying from “homework help” websites will not receive credit. Once you have completed your assignment within a word document, please upload your final version to the Module 3 Case Assignment dropbox. Note your Turnitin originality score and make revisions as needed. Contact your instructor with any questions.
The post Explain the location and function of the nephron. Include a description of the regions of the kidney where various structures of the nephron are located. first appeared on Assignment writing service.