1. Topic: Using APA Style Format, write a 2,000 word paper in MS-Word on the geology and geologic significance of your favorite National Park. When writing about your paper, develop the various questions below. I will be grading your paper for completeness of the questions and checking your references.
If you have not been to a National Park, are having difficulty which your selection, or would like to find out more about you’re and other parks, research various resources from the National park Service, USGS, National Geographic, and others, to gain a general understanding of the park system. After you select your favorite, record the various references you use as you research your park.
Submit your FINAL PAPER in Week #6 using APA Style Format and include at least three references you used including your textbook. Adequate research and critical thinking are the foundation for your paper.
You should have answered the items below when developing your paper. These tasks/questions will assist in guiding you through an outline for the paper and what topics to address/develop.
A. Prepare an introductory paragraph discussing why you selected the park you selected and why it is important to you.
B. Describe how and when the park was formed. Describe the geology of the area. What geologic forces took place to create the park? Why is it considered a National Park?
C. What type of geologic or environmental challenges currently exist in the National Park and how is the park addressing some of these?
D. Describe the geologic significance of your park. Why would you want to go see it? Why is it important?
E. End your paper with a conclusion providing a summary of why your paper is important and answering the question, “So what?” For more information on conclusions, see the website below:
(Randa Holewa and Mathison for the Write Place, St. Cloud State University; Techniques and examples are adapted from Basic Writing: A First Course, by Peter Carino, Harper Collins, 1991; Last update: 19 February 2004)
2) Follow The Basics of APA Style, as noted in Activities. Remember, paper is approximately 2,000 words, use at least three references including your textbook and refer to them (cite text) appropriately in your paper. SPELL CHECK YOUR PAPER!
3) Prepare your document for submission by reviewing instructions for uploading to Turnitin.
NOTE: For help with credible resources, review: Harvard Guide to Using Sources, A Publication of the Harvard College Writing Program;
“What’s Wrong with Wikipedia?” (2015):
4) Review how to interpret a Similarity Report within Turnitin –
5) Remember to SPELL CHECK YOUR PAPER and INCLUDE REFERENCES!