Week Three Discussion Board (CLO 2, 4, 6; PLO 3, 6)
First, watch BOTH the Building Healthier Communities(Boston REACH Coalition video) https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/preview/partner_id/1700302/uiconf_id/33601422/entry_id/0_yx33wzyd/embed/dynamic
the Testimony to the Labor Health and Human Services Committee videos (Dr. Randy) https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/preview/partner_id/1700302/uiconf_id/33601422/entry_id/0_widrxjey/embed/dynamic
Boston REACH Coalition video:
1. Describe and explain two coalition concepts you learned and saw reinforced in the Boston REACH Coalition video.
. Use chapter 12 in the text to aid in identifying coalition concepts (review the bold subsections of the chapter, such as, community organizing, development of coalitions, steps for building effective coalitions, etc..)
2. Additionally, describe the contributions of health disparities to morbidity (disease, illness) and mortality among the communities and groups of focus in the video.
. What contributes to these disparities?
. How can Boston REACH possibly improve these issues and why?
Testimony to the Labor Health and Human Services Video:
3. Describe and explain two advocacy concepts you learned and saw reinforced by watching Dr. Randy Paush’s testimony to the Labor Health and Human Services board.
4. Use chapter 13 in your text to aid in identifying advocacy concepts (review the bold subsections of the chapter, such as, advocacy, lobbying and grassroots activities; steps for advocating legislation, etc…).
5. How can voluntary policies, local ordinances, state law and federal law (all considered system factors) affect health outcomes in target populations? Describe and support your response.
· In addition to the text and videos, you are required to use at least TWO additional sources from government reports, peer-reviewed journal articles, additional textbooks.
· Use your OWN WORDS (e.g., do not cut and paste from a government report or article).
· Paraphrase (use your own words) to report the information.
· Include APA formatted in-text citations to identify your sources AND include full APA formatted references for your sources at the end of your post.
The post Describe and explain two coalition concepts you learned and saw reinforced in the Boston REACH Coalition video. first appeared on Assignment writing service.