Refer the case and ch 6.5 in the book
1. Consider the “three laws” of Blue Ocean and analyze whether Katrina Lake followed these:
– Challenge the industry’s conventional strategic logic by breaking established rules of competitive engagement;
– Seek out ‘noncustomers’ and de-segment the market to create large untapped markets, aka ‘blue oceans’; and,
– Break the value-cost trade-off by pursuing differentiation AND low cost simultaneously.
2. How can Lake minimize the threat from Amazon or any other imitator?