The individual project uses two of the items from the Harvard Business Publishing Coursepack:
The Risk of Not Investing in a Recession, by Pankaj Ghemawat, 2009
Berkshire Hathaway: Covid-19 and the Great Disconnect, by Bertrand Guillotin, 2021
The first one is an essay about businesses not investing in capital projects during a recession and the potential
negative consequences for them and the second is about Warren Buffet, considered to be possibly the greatest
investor of all time, and how he, for once, had a major failure in not responding to the Pandemic and lost 25% of
the value of his company as a result.
Analyze Berkshire Hathaway:
• What happened to Berkshire Hathaway? What did Warren Buffet do? Was this the correct move? Has
anything changed since the paper was written?
• How much value did it lose during the Pandemic in dollars and percentage?
• Compare with the S&P 500 index – what performance should have been expected?
• Has it regained value by now? Why/why not?
• If you were Warren Buffet, what would you do to regain what was lost? What about a stock buyback?
How much cash is available and how much would you spend to buy it back? Should you divest (sell off)
and parts of the company?
• If you were the board of directors what are the options? What would you do? Should Warren Buffet be
• Does the first paper have relevance to this discussion? Why/why not?
• What did you learn that you can apply to your own investing?
In order to earn high marks the paper should provide discussion of issues that led up to the situation, the
ramifications for the company and the possible future outlook using information outside of the case study. Use
relevant financial numbers and calculations to support your discussion.
• This is an individual assignment
• Your paper must be in proper APA format
• You must use outside references, and you must use proper APA referencing and in-text citations and you
must reference the papers from the Coursepack and the textbook
• Show your calculations and reference where you obtained the formulae
• Max. 2,000 words, no minimum
• Do not use “filler material.” Filler material is verbiage that does not add value to your paper. Do not add
unnecessary definitions (if we have read about it in class it is unnecessary).
• Provide an executive summary (or abstract) of your paper no more than one half page long
• Provide a one-page case summary and a conclusion
• No table of contents
• The rubric is located on the Moodle Course Page
The post Berkshire Hathaway: COVID-19 And The Great Disconnect first appeared on Assignment writing service.
Berkshire Hathaway: COVID-19 And The Great Disconnect
Text or Whatsapp Olivia at +1 (307) 209-4351
Let your paper be done by an expert
Custom Essay Writing Service
Our custom essay writing service has already gained a positive reputation in this business field. Understandably so, all custom papers produced by our academic writers are individually crafted from scratch and written according to all your instructions and requirements. We offer Havard, APA, MLA, or Chicago style papers in more than 70 disciplines. With our writing service, you can get quality custom essays, as well as a dissertation, a research paper, or term papers for an affordable price. Any paper will be written on time for a cheap price.
Professional Essay writing service
When professional help in completing any kind of homework is all you need, scholarfront.com is the right place to get it. We guarantee you help in all kinds of academia, including essay, coursework, research, or term paper help etc., it is no problem for us. With our cheap essay writing service, you can be sure to get credible academic aid for a reasonable price, as the name of our website suggests. For years, we have been providing online custom writing assistance to students from countries all over the world, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Italy, New Zealand, China, and Japan.