Installing and Registering IBM SPSS Software
IBM SPSS version 27 Installation and Registration (PC/Windows)
IBM SPSS version 27 Installation and Registration (Mac)
Licensing Your IBM SPSS Software
Students may obtain the SPSS license code from this link: https://alaureatena.sharepoint.com/sites/walden-university/student-documents/spss/Pages/default.aspx
Discussion: Multiple Regression
This Discussion assists in solidifying your understanding of statistical testing by engaging in some data analysis. This week you will work with a real, secondary dataset to construct a research question, estimate a multiple regression model, and interpret the results.
Whether in a scholarly or practitioner setting, good research and data analysis should have the benefit of peer feedback. For this Discussion, you will post your response to the hypothesis test, along with the results. Be sure and remember that the goal is to obtain constructive feedback to improve the research and its interpretation, so please view this as an opportunity to learn from one another.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Create a research question using the Afrobarometer Dataset or the HS Long Survey Dataset, that can be answered by multiple regression.
Use SPSS to answer the research question. Post your response to the following:
1. If you are using the Afrobarometer Dataset, report the mean of Q1 (Age). If you are using the HS Long Survey Dataset, report the mean of X1SES.
2. What is your research question?
3. What is the null hypothesis for your question?
4. What research design would align with this question?
5. What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
6. What independent variables are used and how are they measured? What is the justification for including these predictor variables?
7. If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
8. Explain your results for a lay audience, explain what the answer to your research question.
Be sure to support your Main Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
The post 3. What is the null hypothesis for your question? first appeared on Assignment writing service.